Boosts in store-experience and overall staff productivity to meet the needs of a fast-paced retail environment while reducing total cost of ownership.
Zebra is a trusted and a global leading manufacturer of high performance Barcode printers, Barcode scanners, RFID Readers, mobile computers to enable real-time enterprise visibility ends. A wide variety of industries such as retail, healthcare, warehouse, transportation and logistics, manufacturing have benefited from zebra solutions in more than 90 countries worldwide.
Recently Zebra Technologies announced that My Chemist/ChemistWarehouse Group has successfully deployed Zebra’s TC70 mobile touch computers to upgrade the stock management system of My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse retail chains.
With over 14,000 employees and more than 400 retail outlets throughout Australia, My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group is the largest retail pharmacy on the continent and operates two household brands: My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse.
By implementing Zebra’s mobile computing solution across its
network of stores, the Australian healthcare retailer can improve the overall
store operations experience, increase day-to-day efficiencies and boosts worker
- The TC70 touch computer is a professional-grade device built from the ground up for the enterprise with rugged construction, reliable barcode scanning capabilities and robust connectivity.
- Both My Chemist and Chemist Warehouse have deployed over 1,600 Zebra TC70s across its network of retail outlets across the country.
- The TC70 is designed with a smartphone form factor and is powered by Google’s Android operating system (OS). The familiar interface is user-friendly, which allows store associates to use the devices effectively for their tasks – with little training or hassle.
- Zebra’s Android-powered devices are loaded with Mobility DNA – a comprehensive suite of innovative applications, effortless application development tools and robust administration utilities.
- The choice of Android OS allows the retailer to futureproof its fleet of mobile devices, leading to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- The built-in scanner is capable of handling 1D and 2D barcodes, making it ideal for environments where multiple, different types of barcodes are regularly encountered. It is also designed to be able to capture damaged or faded barcodes, giving it the edge over purely laser-based scanners. The rear camera also allows store associates to capture images when necessary.
More about Zebra TC70 Mobile Computer-The Professional grade Android device for the enterprise.
It takes the best customer service to earn a sale and repeat business. In order to consistently deliver that level of service, employees will need to execute every task as quick and efficiently as possible. With the TC70, the workers get everything they need in order to work smart and faster and deliver the kind of service that will put the business a step above the competition.
- Rugged and ready for every day enterprise use inside and outside the four walls.
- Choice of Android™ or Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise operating systems (Windows 10 on TC70x).
- 4G/LTE (TC75 Series Only) and 802.11a/b/g/n connectivity for anywhere, anytime access to information.
- Zebra's Mobility Extensions (Mx), a layer of features that transform Android from a consumer operating system (OS) to a true enterprise class OS.
- Mobility DNA, a suite of mobility enabling applications, development tools and utilities.
- Most advanced scan engine with longer range data capture capability.
- Other features of the TC70 Mobile computer
- Drop tested-TC70 stands upto 8 ft/ 2.4 m Military standard drop rating or multiple 6ft/ 1.8 m concrete certification.
- Tumble Tested- Even after 2000 consecutive 3.2ft / 1 m hits, the TC 70 continues to operate dependably.
- IP65 and IP67 sealing- The device is dust-tight and sealed to handle 30 minutes of complete immersion in water.
- Corning “Gorilla” Glass touch panel and scanner window- With Gorilla glass, the touch panel and scanner exit window can flex when bumped or dropped instead of shattering or scratching.
- Industrial grade connectors- The TC70 is ready for years of insertion into cradles and connections to cables-unlike consumer grade connectors, which can wear out quickly.
Enhance efficiency and customer service with the TC70 in:
Price Check, Inventory Check, Item Locator, Price changes, Product Comparison,
Electronic coupons, Mobile Payments, voice communication etc.
Manufacturing- Asset Management, Building Maintenance, Supervisor/ manager tasks such as workforce management.
Mark Finocchiaro, Managing Partner and IT Director, My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group
“With the Zebra TC70, we have an exceptionally powerful and easy-to-use device in the hands of our staff around the country. It has radically improved staff efficiency, allowing our teams to complete tasks on the floor at a much faster rate. We were impressed by the smartphone-style functionality and liked the idea of using an Android-based program to power them, which we felt would provide better futureproofing and minimise future outlay. Most importantly, is that we have 14,000 happier staff now – and that speaks volumes to how effective Zebra’s solution has been.”
Tom Christodoulou, Regional Director, Australia / New Zealand, Zebra Technologies Asia Pacific
“Zebra has provided visibility solutions to My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group for many years now. We are excited that the company has adopted the Zebra’s TC70 mobile touch computers to drive in-store efficiency and staff productivity to gain a competitive edge in providing better customer service. The choice of Android devices also means that My Chemist/Chemist Warehouse Group can reap the benefits of Zebra’s Mobility DNA suite, and futureproof its fleet of devices to lower its total cost of ownership (TCO).”
About Zebra Technologies
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world.